Got questions about Services Australia (Centrelink) job seeker payments? Read on.

If you’re new to Centrelink, the quickest way to claim a payment is online.

Here’s what you need to do:

  • Go to
    • Create a myGov account, if you don’t already have one
    • Sign in to your myGov account and select Government support for coronavirus
    • Select I need a CRN, under Claim a Centrelink payment
    • Enter details from two accepted identity documents from the list to confirm your identity
    • Enter your Medicare card details and some personal details Centrelink needs to create your CRN

Once we confirm your identity, we’ll give you your CRN and link Centrelink to your myGov account.

The next step is to make your claim

  • Sign into myGov and go to Centrelink
    • Select Payments and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim
    • Select Get started from the category that best describes your circumstances
    • Answer all the questions and submit your supporting documents and completed forms. We need these to assess your claim.
    • Now you can submit your claim.

If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.

Finally, track your claim

  • You’ll get a receipt after you submit your claim telling you your claim was submitted, the ID number, the date we estimate your claim will be complete and a link to track its progress online.
    • Depending on how you get messages from us, we’ll let you know the result of your claim through your myGov Inbox, Express Plus Centrelink app or a letter in the mail.

If you can’t prove your identity through myGov to get a CRN call us on 132 850.

We’ll need to confirm your identity in person at a later date. We’ll contact you in the future to let you know what we need.

If you have problems submitting your claim, you can call us on 132 850. 

For more information go to

This entry was posted in What's Happening. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.